Sincerest thanks to Mackenzie from Design Darling for gifting me with the Beautiful Blogger Award! Mackenzie is leading quite the charmed life studying abroad in France right now and if you haven’t visited her blog, head on over, you’re missing out!
I am supposed to share seven things about myself that you may not know. I haven’t talked too much about myself on here so maybe these will be of interest.
1. I have a degree in Political Science and moved to D.C to pursue a career in politics, but my ultimate dream is to own a boutique. I plan on filling it with gorgeous dresses from my favorite designers, Milly, Tibi, Trina Turk and Diane von Furstenberg. Of course I’ll need to throw in some bold accessories for good measure. I’m thinking candy colored necklaces from KEP Designs, gorgeous gems from Kendra Scott and beachy keen beauties from Meg Carter will do the trick!
2. I cannot leave the house without a tub of my favorite lip balm: Daily Conditioning Treatment by Blistex. I’m so addicted that if I don’t have something on my lips I feel like they’re burning! Crazy, right?
3. My favorite colors are yellow, pink, and orange.
4. I have a terrible case of wanderlust. I have big travel dreams but sadly not the corresponding budget. My favorite trip to date was sailing throughout the U.S and British Virgin Islands. Future travel aspirations include an African safari and a visit to the Greek Isles.
5. My favorite movie is The Thomas Crown Affair. Pierce Brosnan (in his prime) was my celeb crush!
6. I collect vintage necklaces and cocktail rings. I love having unique statement pieces.
7. Instead of future baby names, I daydream about future puppy names. The second we have more space we plan on getting another pup! Here are some names I have jotted down for future fur babies: Lulabelle, Brooks, Maclean (Mac), Tucker and Savannah.
Hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me!
I’d like to pass this on to:
P.S thank you so much for your kind words about the new condo. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everything will come together well and it won’t disappoint!
*Also, to Anonymous who asked about our dining table:
We found the table on craigslist and I think paid about $50.00 for it. The seller told us she had bought it at an antique show in Atlanta, Georgia. It used to be black but I painted her a glossy white. I believe it used to have a leaf but the piece is sadly missing.