Offering a glimpse into your home is about as personal as it gets, and I have to admit, I was a little nervous to share these shots of our little condo. This is our first “real” apartment, and our decorating budget (ha!) was next to nothing, so I’m thrilled with the positive response! There were a few questions, so I thought I’d answer them all in one post. As I said before, our decorating “budget” was pretty much non-existent, so we had to get a bit creative.
1. Dining chairs: the bamboo folding chairs were a Craigslist find, but Ballard Designs has a similar version. The chairs were originally blue, but in a moment of Jonathan Adler induced boldness I decided to repaint them in Behr’s Marigold.
2. Vase: the vase in our bedroom is my DIY version of Kate Spade’s Cloverdale.
3. Rug: the greek key rug is from Overstock. It’s held up great after three years of wear and tear.
4. Headboard: the headboard was another DIY. We used this tutorial for guidance after having a carpenter cut out the shape. The fabric is called Firefly and is one of my favorite etsy finds. It’s very similar to Quadrille’s Kazak for a fraction of the price!
5. Barcart: the bar cart is another Craislist find. I think I may have paid $40 for it. It works well in our small space, but when we have a real house I’ll definitely be purchasing the Society Social Sedgewick !
Thanks again for your sweet comments and I’m happy to answer any more questions that I may have missed!