Today is my 29th birthday – I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling just the tiniest bit freaked out about leaving my “20 something” years behind me, but from what I’ve heard, your 30s are really where it’s at! Years ago I wrote and shared 26 goals for my 26th year which was a lot of fun so I thought I’d give it another go for 29.
Some are frivolous (#12) and some are pretty major (#10) but I’ve come to be a big believer in writing it down to make it happen so let’s see how many of these I’m able to manifest before the big 3-0 next year!
Cheers to making every day count.
P.S I’d love to hear what’s on your list (birthday or not) in the comments!
1. grow my business and continue to do what I love
2. practice meditation regularly
3. send more snail mail
4. volunteer for a cause I’m passionate about
5. stop comparing… seriously, stop.
6. find ways to be a better friend, sister, daughter & wife
7. have a project featured in a national publication
8. design and manufacture that product I keep thinking about…
9. cook at home for one month
buy our first home (or move somewhere that feels like home) (September 2015)
11. unplug earlier and often
12. take a flower arranging class
upgrade to grown up luggage (October 2015)
14. get serious about skincare
15. add a new original piece of artwork to our collection
16. invest in a classic to last the next 29 years
17. learn how to needlepoint
18. have personal stationery made
19. read a book about wine
20. run a half marathon
21. take a solo trip
22. master my Nana’s Portuguese cookie recipe
23. take sailing lessons with Garrett
24. do something that scares me
hike Table Mountain in South Africa (October 2015)
26. visit a new state
visit a new country (October 2015)
28. complete my 52 books in 52 weeks challenge
29. plan an epic 30th birthday trip with friends