Marisa Berenson: A Life in Pictures was released last year but I’m just now adding it to my bookshelf. The model/actress exudes glamour and her life as a seventies ‘It Girl’ certainly seems like a charmed one. Photographed by virtually every famous photographer of the last few decades, I’m sure the editors at Rizzoli had no shortage of material in putting this book together! Here are a few interesting tidbits I picked up while reading up on her amazing life:
- Legendary fashion designer and rival of Coco Chanel, Elsa Schiaparelli, was her grandmother
- Her christening photo appeared in Vogue
- Diana Vreeland discovered her at age 16
- Yves Saint Laurent called her “the girl of the 1970s”
- She was also known as “Queen of the Scene”
- Andy Warhol photographed her wedding
Ohh to be so stylish!